The Need – Uganda and East Africa
- Corruption plagues Uganda and East African countries, from government to business to the schools and police to even the Christian church.
- 85%+ unemployment with youth 15 to 24 who have no education and often turn to drugs, violence, and thieving.
- Uganda is very poor with GDP per capita of $477 (compare to Philippines GDP per capita of $2328, Mexico GDP per capita of $10,153, and Canada GDP per capital of $50,436.) All 2011 #s.
- Malaria, HIV, and tribal wars provide major devastation to Uganda and surrounding countries.
- The Ugandan church has limited Christian education and Bible training, especially among pastors in remote villages.