Dan Muwanguzi and his CMM team have been very busy so far in 2013.
Here is their mid year update:
- The CMM team was in Butaleja when the year started. And we had a very successful/ fruitful Mega mission (Crusade). We witnessed more than 170 people give their lives to the Lord. We prayed with many people. Baptized some of the new believers, ministered and gave gifts to kids, visited and gave gifts to those in prison and hospitals. Taught Pastors and church leaders in a seminar..
- CMM has set up the new head office. Set up an accounts team, holding prayers and discussion meetings once a week.
- The C-TBS – Bible training class to remote pastors in Uganda – has been running since March and will go on until the end of October. We have received very positive and encouraging feedback from the students. Many say that they did not know how little they new their Bibles before they came to this course.
- Since April, we have had CMM team members visit hospitals and prisons twice a week. Many people have given their lives to Christ, and many sick have received prayers and encouragement. And to some we have given practical help like food, helping wash cloth for the helpless sick people. The local police nearby our home area are so proud of CMM visitations and they have appreciated our input to the prisoners having noticed changes into those that give their lives to Christ.
- CMM has continued to pay school fees and provide some scholastic materials to school kids in Karamoja, Kabong, and Gulu areas. Also sharing the Gospel in those areas, and helping treat Jiggers etc in Karamoja and giving out clothes to needy people.
- Douglas (a blind young man) whom CMM has now taken to the Blind school. Douglas’ testimony has touched not only his relatives but also some community members who had seen him very helpless in the past, having been denied by his Dad. His mother, without a job, was also helpless. Now Douglas has joined one of the most recommended blinds school in Uganda. Him, his mother, and other relatives are excited and so thankful for such provision to such a boy.
- CMM has done one major school crusade (outreach) where over forty secondary school pupils gave their lives to Christ.
- Visited and encouraged two “Scripture unions” in two secondary schools.
- Dan has taught two YWAM DTSes twice for a week during each visit (YWAM Soroti and YWAM Arua).
- Today, The CMM team is leaving for a Dental/ Followup mission in Butaleja. We will be treating pulling out bad tooth, as a means to share Gods love with the community. Again we will visit some of the churches we visited previously as a means to followup on those that gave their lives to Christ and to encourage the churches. We will send teams to prisons, hospitals and school. Minister to children and distribute gifts (Mostly cloth) that we have gathered for some time.
- Since this year started, we have registered over 470 people that have given their lives to Christ though our missions. And we are so grateful to the Lord fo all that he has done and what he continues to do.
Further, remaining items for Christian Model Ministries to accomplish this year include:
- Restart the Hair dressing classes in August.
- Continue with the weekly visits in hospitals and prisons.
- Continue running the C-TBS Bible class up to end of October 2013.
- We have planned an evangelistic crusade for the whole school in one of the secondary schools that we usually visit
- A team will be visiting Karamoja / Northern Uganda late August, to check on the CMM sponsored children, their status and schooling, and check-in with their teachers, and parents if the children aren’t orphans.
- We will be providing the third term school fees, scholastic materials, and take some gifts and supplies to the people of Northern Uganda whose conditions are still very difficult and impoverished.
- Dan will be visiting Australia later this year giving the update on the C-TBS program. Supporters in Australia have been key to supporting Dan and helping get the C-TBS program off the ground. Dan will be formally introducing them to Christian Model Ministries at this time.
The CMM team sends greetings and appreciation to all our prayer partners.
Thank you for your interest, prayers, and support.
James DeGreef (blog poster)
One of Dan’s Canadian Friends