A lot has happened since we last reported. Below are the updates on what the CMM team has been up to during that period.
1. The latest achievement is the purchase of the CMM children’s property. A very big thanks to the TUPS team for facilitating this whole process which has about 5% to be completed. We now own the property. The one thing left to complete the purchase is the transfer of the Land Titles into our names.
2. Training: The C-TBS Bible class has also progressed very well. This is the biggest class we have ever run with over 60 students from eleven different churches. The two NT classes run in different locations. Both classes started early March and are now more than half way completed, finishing at the end of October.
3. Karamojja: Since April, Richard Byamugisha has three times visited Karamojja, checking on the CMM sponsored children and paying their school fees. Last month Richard gave a mattress, mosquito net, and school supplies to each of the CMM sponsored children.
Almost all our children had been sleeping on mats, like most children in Karamojja, without mosquito nets. This makes them vulnerable to malaria. We are grateful to the Lord for the ability to provide for our children in Karamojja.
4. Other CMM children: We have successfully paid the current term’s school fees for all the CMM sponsored children. CMM has also done a number of prison, hospital, and school outreaches within the nearby areas. We have had a good number come to Christ through these outreaches. We have also prayed with many and received the testimonies of people that have been encouraged through these outreaches.
5. Now at the top of our Agenda are the preparations for the TUPS team visiting from Victoria. We at CMM are very much looking forward to receiving them later this October. A very big welcome to every one who is coming. We are praying for your preparations and your time here in Uganda.
This week Wednesday, Rachael, Richard, and Dan are traveling to Karamojja to start the preparations for the open air gospel meetings that we will run during the TUPS team’s visit.
Thanks a lot to everyone who is working to see these activities accomplished, in prayers and through financial provision. There is still a lot that God has in store for us. We appreciate all your contributions and encouragement.
On behalf of the CMM team,